Our School App Stay connected on the go...
The careers programme at Hornsey School for Girls is committed to delivering high quality Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) by ensuring students make effective and informed decisions about their future through greater self-awareness, career exploration, supported & independent career management, work related learning & work experience and the development of employability skills.
- Help plan and make decisions about their future from year group 7 - 13
- Find out about their interests, strengths and personal qualities
- Help explore jobs and careers through work related learning activities
- Provide information about qualifications, progression routes and career options
- Introduce careers resources available in the school including the careers library – books, magazines, websites and computer programmes that will be useful in helping students plan their future
- Provide work experience opportunities in Year 12
- Offer a further opportunity to review progress
- Work closely with teachers and parents/guardians
- Keep parents/guardians informed by attendance at parents' and information evenings
- Careers and Work-Related Learning is addressed through the Director of Learning’s CLT programmes and overseen by the Senior member of staff attached to and will include, printed and online resources, guest speakers, visits and trips in addition to Core Learning Time discussions, assemblies and activities.
As members of the London Mayor’s Gold Club, we work in partnership with the London Ambition project bringing access to a range of Industries to provide CIAEG
If you have any queries about this aspect, please contact your child’s Director of Learning in the first instance.